Reunited & It Feels So Good

Reunited & It Feels So Good

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Do, Pilgrims of the Flying Temple

I missed out on a wonderful game at Gencon called Do, Pilgrims of the Flying Temple by Daniel Solis. When I went back Sunday, the game had sold out. My good friend Amy had told me about this game. While I play and love all types of games, I'm not a huge role playing gamer. I love the settings and themes but many rpg's require time & have fiddly rules/tables. However I have really enjoyed story telling games this summer including Arkham Horror & Tales of the Arabian Nights. Do PFT is a story telling game where players are pilgrims who like to help people while sometimes getting into trouble. The pilgrims are abandoned children who have been raised by monks. They can fly between worlds as they seek to respond to letters asking for help. I hope that my local store can order this gem but until then I purchased the PDF from RPG Drive Through. Last night I read the book from cover to cover. I have not stopped thinking about this game all day. Maybe it's my passion for helping others as a clinical social worker. Plus this is a great game for Ian as it stimulates creative writing. I hope to play this very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment