Reunited & It Feels So Good

Reunited & It Feels So Good

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Betrayal at House on the Hill: A Grail




While I have not posted in several weeks, the gaming has been wonderful. I thrifted a copy of my Grail; Betrayal at House on the Hill, then I was given a copy as a gift. I could not wait to get this to the table, so after a guys night at the movies, Paul - sons Piper & Payton, Kevin, my son Ian and myself played BHoH. Paul became the traitor, and we quickly died as we searched for evil Voodoo dolls. Ian had so much fun, that he talked all the way home about the game, and what we should have done differently. Afterwards, we played a quick game of Tsuro; the way of the path. It was so quick, that I was out after only playing one turn. Paul enjoyed that very much.
Last Sunday Paul, Kevin, and Mike Flynn came over for a game night. We played Irondale, Rheinlander, Hollywood Blockbuster, and Loco. Irondale is a card game by Small Box games. It was my favorite of the night as it offers many options. Hollywood Blockbuster was my least favorite. In Irondale, you are building a city as each card represents a different building. As you play a building, you score based on where you built while triggering various card effects.




In all, June was a 9 out of a scale of 1 - 10. July will only get better as GenCon approaches. On a side note, I made additional player cards for BHoH using Clue figures so I can add a 7th or 8th player.

No comments:

Post a Comment