Reunited & It Feels So Good

Reunited & It Feels So Good

Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday August 6,Day Two, The Second Day

GenCon was busy today, and it was not unusual to get bumped while standing in a booth. There is only so much room for 30,000 gamers in the convention center. I got in several gaming demonstrations including Guardians of Graxia, and Panzer General Russian Assault at the Petroglyph booth. I met briefly with the author Jeff Tidball this morning.


I visited with the general manager of Soda Pop miniatures. He was excited to announce a new game for their Soda Pop miniatures called Relic Knights; Darkspace Calamity. The game is planned for a 2011 release. It will feature skirmish level battles and a card driven battle mechanic.

I purchased two prints, and art book, and an original piece of art from Lydia Burris. A piece of hers is unveiling tonight in downtown Indianapolis. It is 29 feet long and is on the side of a light box. Her work is amazing, and this year’s pieces feature bright colors.

I attended two podcasts today including “This Just in from Gencon,” and the “D 6 Generation.” During the D 6 G podcast, they ran a game by mob. I ended up getting a Warhammer Black library book, and visited with Nicole Wakelan.

After dinner, I taught Pit Fighter to Kathleen and Mark from Minnesota. Jennifer of Cheese Weasel showed me a prototype of a game called “Red Shirts.” The is centered around the red shirts that were commonly killed in Star Trek episodes. Jennifer shared with me that it is a parody that is intended to play as a spoof. The final game of the day was a demonstration of Dust Tactics. It is a squad based combat game with Mechanized troops.





No comments:

Post a Comment