Reunited & It Feels So Good

Reunited & It Feels So Good

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday August 5 GenCon Day One, The First Day

Well day one is coming to a close. It was a wonderful day. As we attended the trade day on Wednesday, we were able to enter the dealer hall an hour early today. I used that extra hour to purchase City of Thieves from Fantasy Flight games. It is a new board game that debuted today.

My main goal today was to learn to play Malifaux. It is a squad level miniatures games that uses cards rather than dice. I enjoyed the push your luck factor that uses a deck of cards called the fate deck.

Afterwards, Pat and I registered for the Call of Cthulhu league play. After a refresher game, I played last year’s world champion, Tom Capor. I managed a win as I “decked” Tom (he ran out of cards.) Cthulhu is a game theme based on the horror fiction of H.P. Lovecraft.

While browsing through the exhibit hall, I met Tom Vasel who is a game review and podcast host of the Dice Tower.

Later in the day I came across Settlers of Catan being played on a new touch screen game table. The interaction and game play was amazing. The evening ended with two games of Are You a Werewolf? It is a deduction game that is based on social interaction. During the second game, I was eaten by the werewolf.

On a family note, I am so very proud of my oldest son, Ryan. He found out today that he passed the exam to quiz out of Spanish 3. Ryan taught himself Spanish 3 this past month. Congratulations!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment