Reunited & It Feels So Good

Reunited & It Feels So Good

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Project X



Just before going to GenCon, I began putting together a business plan for project X, and it has kicked off into full speed this week. As it builds momentum, I will post updates. My goal is to work on project X at least one hour a day, Monday – Friday. Right now, all I can say is that I am very excited!!

The week in games was wonderful. I began to paint my Malifaux models that I purchased at GenCon. So far, my paint jobs have been some of my best attempts at painting a miniature thus far. I shared with Pat and Paul that it has been very relaxing. In the past, it was more of an exercise in frustration. I have stumbled on several color combinations that have given my models a blended effect that I have never achieved before. In addition, Ian began to learn how to assemble and paint miniatures this week. It has been fun sharing this part of the hobby with him.

I introduced my family to a new travel game this weekend called 10 Days in Asia. The goal of the game is to link a 10 day trip through Asia while walking, flying, boating, or using a train. Ian won the third game! Tonight we played Nile, Zombie Dice, and Innovations. Innovation’s was a hit for me. The card mechanics and combos are limitlessness. The theme is civilization building using innovations and technology. Paul won the first play of this game. While early, the first play earned it a solid 9 on a scale of 1-10.

Aside from model building, project X, playing games, I listened to several GenCon podcasts including the D6Generation, the Dice Tower, The Spiel, and Game On. It has been a very fun, rewarding week for me.







No comments:

Post a Comment