Reunited & It Feels So Good

Reunited & It Feels So Good

Monday, April 5, 2010

The calm before the gaming storm....

Good evening. It’s been a quite week in gaming for me. Last Sunday 3/29, I surprised my self for joining Facebook. I am really enjoying FarmVille, and within a week, I am at level 11. It resembles Agricola in many areas. I would love to be able to play Agricola every week if time allowed. Among many of my close gamer friends, it was our favorite new game in 2009 although it came out in 2008. FarmVille scratches the Agricola itch. There is a on-line version of Agicola, but it’s design is clumsy.

My new games from Fair Play arrived on Good Friday. So far, I have enjoyed FITS http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/40393/fits, and Sushi Roll http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/41646/sushi-roll. After a few more plays, my wife will be hard to beat as she like Tetris type games. While Sushi Roll is very light, it played well with my 8 year old son, his friend and their parents. I found an PDF expansion for Fits on line.

This week should be a big gaming week as several buddies are meeting at “Bubba Geek Con.” My personal goal is to play Gates of Loyang. Le Harve, and Agricola. The trifecta of economic goods production. In addition, I hope to learn Chaos of the Old World, and Chicago Express.

No real achievements in gaming modeling this week. I did pick up some small panda bear figs to enhance my copy of Gates of Loyang. Overall, I plan on cleaning up and organizing my modeling area and supplies. My next project is assembling my Grind figs http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/34152/grind.

On a scale of 1-10, 10 is AWESOME, the week in gaming was a 4. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment