Reunited & It Feels So Good

Reunited & It Feels So Good

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sunday August 8,Day Four, The Last Day


On a whim, I decided to play in the Highlander Call of Cthulhu tournament. The Highlander format is that there can only be one; one copy of any card in your deck. I placed fourth. Tom Capor, the 2009 & 2010 World Champion took first. Jim Black, 2007 Champ made sure to give me a special domain card set. Both guys were very nice to Pat and myself. It was real treat to be able to play with such gentlemen.

I had put off my yearly quest to seek autographs until Sunday, so the next hour or so, was the pursuit of several game designers. I met Martin Wallace who signed several game boards for me, James Ernest who signed my copy of Enemy Chocolatier, and Mike Selinker who developed Betrayal at House on the Hill. My last meeting was with James Lowder who has written many books and articles including the Hobby Games and Family Games 100 Best. We visited about an idea that I have, and he was very encouraging.

As GenCon 2010 was closing, I snagged the demo copy of Guardians of Graxia from Petroglyph games. Overall, GenCon 2010 was a perfect 10 including seeing my friends, making new friends, playing games, and collecting the SWAG.

No comments:

Post a Comment