Reunited & It Feels So Good

Reunited & It Feels So Good

Sunday, January 6, 2013

49 going on 50 or am I?

I love to make pit stops at flea markets and antique malls. While the prices are hit and miss (mostly miss,) reliving a childhood memory is priceless. I had completely forgot about this toy until I recently found one at a local antique mall. Having been born in 1963, space travel was a part of my childhood. I remember gathering around the television with my parents or during school at Somerset Elementary. I never grew tired of watching a liftoff or landing. Each one was special in their own way. Tragedies included. As a social worker, I have found ways to translate those lessons into my work with children and families. Take offs and landings are critical for mission success as well as healing hurt families. If I close my eyes a can remember my launches. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...... Blast off.

No comments:

Post a Comment