Reunited & It Feels So Good

Reunited & It Feels So Good

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

More Than Just a Nightmare.......


My worst nightmare!

This week’s League of the Extraordinary Bloggers topic makes me shudder.  So before I share, I must make a stand against Murphy’s Law & self-fulfilling prophecies.  Please, please, please, please, please, please don’t happen………………

During the devastating tornado in Joplin, Missouri, a fellow board game collector lost his whole collection.  As it turns out, high winds and rain don’t mix well with cardboard games.  While many lost more including lives, the thought of suffering such tragedy is beyond comparison. 

As the story of my fellow collector spread through the BGG.com community, soon offers of support and game replacement were flowing in.  If I have not said it before, the gaming community are made up of many kind and caring people.  Please check out this Geeklist.  On a totally useless but true note, there are 35 board games with the word "nightmare" in the title. 
 

Please visit my fellow bloggers as they share their thoughts on "nightmares." However you might not want to read these posts just before bedtime..... you've been warned!

Goodwillhunting4geeks

Random Nerdness

Life With Fandom




 

No comments:

Post a Comment