Reunited & It Feels So Good

Reunited & It Feels So Good

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Kids Say The Darnedest Things!

Something COOL, out of the mouth of babes........

When my youngest son was in the fourth grade, he was asked to prepare word problems for his mom and dad for his parent teacher conference. When Tammy and I got to the parent teacher conference, the teacher shared Ian's word problems with us that he had designed for each of us. My wife is a very bright woman who has a masters degree in business and is very gifted with mathematics. Her word problem went something like this; when the bus came to a stop three kids got off and 10 kids got on. At the next stop six kids got often for kids got on. Etc. etc. etc. I however am only a social worker and our son's don't have a lot of confidence in my ability to assist with math homework. So the teacher apologized upfront as she shared my math problem created by Ian. There was a farmer who had three pigs in the back of his truck. He hit a bump in the road and two pigs fell out, how many pigs are left in the truck? The teacher again apologized, stating that she asked him several times if this was really the math problem that he wanted to write for his dad.  Ian was adamant, as he stated to the teacher "my dad's not very good at math!"
 
 
Check out these other COOL stories
 
 
 

 
Achievements in Gaming is a Proud Member of the League of Extraordinary Bloggers

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I can see my kids doing the same thing. ;) Love it!

    ReplyDelete