Reunited & It Feels So Good

Reunited & It Feels So Good

Monday, May 17, 2010

Padawan; A Thrifting Apprentice

Week three of thrifting was a solid week for me. A few weeks ago, I purchased a game from a local Ebay dealer, and I gave him my contact information in case he found any interesting games. To my surprise, he contacted me this week, and I had a private showing. He had some 40 games for me to look at. I ended up getting 10 games including Masterpiece, Skirmish, Titanic the board game, Summit, and Goosebumps. In addition, I found another 3M title. The quest continues.... We played 5 games this Sunday at game night including Executive Decision. A 3M title of buying and selling goods. After miscalculating early on, I did manage to finish the game with more $$ than I began with. Paul had read the rules and was off to a huge start, but Pat played a gamble on the 6th turn, and won by more than $100. We played Enemy Chocolatier, that I decked out with Monopoly Jr. hotels. While I thought my stratey was sound, Andy ran away with the game by completing his candy recipe. The final game was a Can't Stop. It is a Sid Sackson game from 1980. I tied for first or came in second!!!!! Over all a good week in gaming. I am blessed with good friend and good times. By the way, it was decided that we are going to Gencon Tuesday evening for the special Wed. program & a early pass on Thursday. On a scale of 1-10, it was another 7.5!

No comments:

Post a Comment