Reunited & It Feels So Good

Reunited & It Feels So Good

Sunday, May 23, 2010

This Week in Gaming



This week in gaming got off to a slow start, but ended with a bang. Given my son Hunter's Eagle Scout ceremony, I did not think that this week would offer much in the way of gaming. Thrifting was pretty thin. I did pick up the 1989 & 2004 copies of Trump. Buying & Selling in order to rule the world! I did manage to make a wonderful trade for a beautiful copy of Feudal, a 1960's copy 3M book case game. Game night was Saturday at my home. We played Boarderlands, Aquire, Tobago, and Jaipur. Boarderlands is a cross between Small World, Diplomacy, and Settlers of Catan. It is considered by some to be the grandfather of Settlers. Paul won hands down while Ian (8 yr old) made a strong showing. Ian had two territories that produced gold.

Aquire was victory #3 in 5 games. I made more than 60,000 dollars, and most every merger was on my terms. Tabago is a beautiful game with wonderful bits and board art. Overall, the week was a 6 on a scale of 1-10, where 10 is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment